Wednesday, November 4, 2009
Generation "NEXT!"
There's been an immediate interest in OUR youth of today. They sayin' these mofo's ain't gon' EVER put nothin' in the pot for me to use when I'm OLD! Yet, ALL this technology keeps evolving or, is that just the last li'l trickle of OUR generation?!!? It's no secret...I don't like (facetious) kids! I LOVE babies! No one told me that these babies would become people!!! Here it is...I am the parent in the household who is the lenient one. My husband is the stern, consistent, disciplinarian. He NEVER lets up! He is going to let you know right away! I believe in regards to parenting styles that this is normal. We have the same core values EXCEPT he enforces them sternly. I think one should discipline with love. I am in no way saying that I always do cuz I don't!!!!! I'm AM the FLASHER ASS SNATCHER! He's consistent! I am sporadic! I wanted to share how I am strengthening myself for this next damn set of kids I don' let a nigga knock me up wit! O, Wooosaaaaaaaa! Okay, On Friday, Moody, the 17yo, goes to school, work then, asks can she go to a party. "I'll be home by 12!" she tells me. I say, sure Moody, go 'head. I went out myself that not & got home @ 1:14. I washed my face put on my pajamas, made me some waffles & got in the bed @ 1:29 & began watch tv. Around 2:08 (A 17YO, RIGHT????) I hear, the giraffe burglar! She scalin' fences & stuff tryna get in..I hear Isis barkin' tellin' on her..Don't let tell 'em I toldja, Isis is a Rottweiler & that's exactly what she look like @ the midnight hour, a big, black, vicious, guard dog! They be tryna make it right by Isis! LOL!! I didn't budge! Where's your key? Oh, hmmm you gave it to the 19yo? Oh, too bad...don't worry, we'll get to her soon. The following day, she is excited to inform me that she is going to TAKE THE KIDS (Bennie & Leilani) to Rancho Solano for trick-or-treating, this is her dream yal!!!! Cuz they got the 'good' candy! Every year, they goin' to Rancho Solano! LOL! I promptly advised her that she would NOT be takin' them anywhere! "Mom, can I get $20 (she works, I don't) tho'?" "For what, Moody? You ain't goin' nowhere?" LOL!!!! Boooyaaaaaaaaaw! Her chin hit the floor! Got that ass!!! I remained steadfast in this decision & did not look back! How you comin' in after ya mama, the party hopper?!? GTFOH! Then, here come her li'l friend...light bright minnie mouse..."It's her senior year. Don't you want her to have fun, please, it's her senior year!" "First of all light bright, this is a FAMILY discussion so, turn yo power out for I bust yo line! Second of all, Moody got like 58 more Halloweens, GTFOH! LOL! Deuces! And in the house & in her room & in her bed she was for halloween....Oh well! Here it is here...The eldest, Puddah, my favorite they say...Well not on this day! Sunday, it was her day for kitchen. She didn't wash 2 pots. I gave her the KITCHEN for that day, Monday, a major clean up day, stove, microwave, appliances, sweep & mop! I get up Tuesday am & she ain't swept & mopped da nothin'! I was like, WOW! Really?! Really?! Guess what!? Right afterschool my Yellow Bunny (Moody) comes home in a panic, snatching my keys yelling that she gotta go save da eldest! I said, what? She then goes on to tell me that da eldest RAN OUT OF GAS ON I-80. I said, "So! Nope, you ain't goin' to get her!" It was the first time I'd ever seen karma work that quickly. From morning to afternoon. So yellow bunny is callin' me all kinds of names under her breathe from inside her room wit the door closed (i know this cuz i did it to my parents too) she was HOT! I didn't care! I'm sick & tired of these children disrespecting me & not having appropriate consequences of their actions! Mommy & Daddy cain't save you for the REST OF YOUR LIFE. Do NOT bite the hand that feeds you, know which side your bread is butter on. I don't know why they don't listen! I tell them repeatedly, "Okay! You gon' need me before I need you!" So, she finds a way...guess what?? They don' towed the car in the time it took her to put gas in a can. Wow! Really!? I don't believe that!! Oh??? They said you were obstructing the on-ramp! Wow!! Bamn! Damn! Not my problem but is. You gotta now, pay to get it outta tow. Wow! ANOTHER IN CASE OF DA 'MERGENCY SITUATION!! Got funds? Nope! More & more each day. Whatchu gon' do?! Don't know...Can't tell...I said all of this to say, I am very pleased to have allowed their choices dictate their consequences, NO matter what the circumstances were. They gotta be able to fly when I boot them out the nest so...IIIIIIIIIIIIIII NEED to be consistent, loving & approachable as my children progress through their seasons in life. It hurt me when I really didn't let Moody participate on Halloween & ONLY for ONE moment did I feel like I should have let Moody help Puddah & she may have avoided the tow. The reality is, Mommy is NOT going to be here forever & I want to have instilled compassion, commitment, consistency, critical thinking & most importantly, HUMILITY in MY children! This generation 'NEXT' is headed somewhere...I just hope that, what I'm doin' over here WILL attribute to the direction WE know they CAN go! It takes a village, literally! The next time you see a 'NEXT' generation troubled youth, spend a moment with them to encourage them about THEIR endless possibilities instead of why does his pants sag? What you say may compel him to pull 'em up!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment