Wednesday, May 20, 2009

New York! New York! Big City of Dreams...


Although our plane arrived in Providence on Thurs, we spent the night, got up went to Marshall's in town & then headed out for the 3-4 hour drive to NYC! Initially when we got to Providence Enterprise we wanted a Charger..Didn't have one...We settled or, Nicky settled on the Convertible Volvo however, by the looks of the weather it looked like it would be for naught. So, Friday we head down to NYC, we are ridin' singin' & havin' fun..The girls made a PisStop & I tried to get the top down..No luck! Nicky comes out, figures it out & we rollin'...I had my dress that I would wear out tonight..I found a cute clutch @ the Marshall's in Providence & I know I can find my shoes @ the Macy's on 34th! We check (Hilton Garden Inn), wonderful staff, we wash up & head out...Our 1st encounter was successful..we got to Macy's, we're looking for a shoe..If you've never been there...Macy's covers a whole block..and not ur residential block...a city block..And, the shoe department covers one flr...so, we lookin'- Nicky sees a girl wit a bad ass shoe on that she knows will go perfect wit my dress...The chic has it on...she's looking at it..Nicky says, "Um!? Are you gettin' that shoe?" The girl is a bit puzzled but, she basically bullies this girl into givin' up that shoe!  Next thing i know she callin' me (metro works in many places) and is like, I got ur shoe right here!  I don't know if this is going to be a good thing...I see the shoe & it's perfect! Greaaaaaaaat! We dump our stuff to the Hotel & take the #2 train to Harlem..I take sis down 125th & she goes to the Apollo theatre & blah blah blah blah...My focus has been and was, that Marshall's on the co'na of 125th & Martin Lutha da Keeeeng! Great...time... we get there!  It's kewl..Find a hot shoe to wear @ the white party & it's too big..I need an 8 1/2..Ironically, I was getting it in silver, my mom got it in bronze earlier that day & Nicky bought it in gold...WTH!?!  I need an 8...No 8! Oh well...look for Sinful...they had like, no Juicy T-shirts & no Sinful T-shirts..They only had like, 1 t-shirt & 1 tank top, I guess it's cuz it's East Coast...I find Sinful here in California when I ain't even lookin'!  Uuugh! Marshall's was a total bust & Sylvia's was Sylvia's! It's just some reg' ol soul food..Nothin' big..We eat...On the way home however, this man was dressed in all newspaper & garbage bags, I guess he was 'green' yal...He was trying to give Waseme a dollar and we know better than to talk to strangers so, we tryin' to ignore him & stay away...Unfortunately, this fool is zeroin' in on Waseme...she does her best to ignore him but, he still throws the dollar on her folded arms and she slung it off of herself and felt dirty...For the rest of our trip, she claimed to be suffering from Hepatitis C, Tuberculosis LOL!!! This dude was nasty!  We tryin' to get home & it's damn near already 1oish cuz we tryin' to leave by 12...good luck! So, we get home, lay down and hurry & get ready...We decided on 40/40..I've had a good time there so, we should be good...Finally after we get there @ 1am..I love New York!!  And we red carpeted..No cover as usual in da city...well, especially there! We grab a drink, get settled & start kickin' it...We gettin' it in yal...It's the business..We ownin' it...As we always do...LOL... and party it up..Get home & nite nite...Anyway, the next morning we had to get up go down to Canal & do that souvenir shoppin'! I was hoping to get me a pair of yellow gold Chanel earrings but, it didn't happen...Anyhoo-we up & at 'em...It's a beast..We went thru all the walls & doors and basements & alleys, and i came up empty handed! Suuuuuucks!  Well, i got some Ed Hardy stuff for me, my God son, my son, Ebony & i got Leilani some 'juicy couture' earrings that she'll lose by summer!  So, all in all we had a SUPER, DUPER HELLUVA time...We go back to the hotel, retrieve our bags...Head back up the road to Providence...Now, on the way there yal, Waseme & Nicky drove & it took us 4 hours...Ha...I practically drove us all the way home, and it took us only 3 hours...Lead foot..The highway patrol don't ever be on the highway...Big mistake! Huge! So, we arrive @ my Mommy's house & as we're coming upstairs (she lives in a multi-family home which if u don't know what that means, she lives on the 3rd flr of a house that is 3 levels of 2 bedroom apartments....Yes! A kitchen & bathroom on every flr...That amazed me & my brother when we were little & visited for the summer) Anyhoo..Waseme is ahead of me and i hear her say "Hi MumMum!"  Now, that's the name of my Grandmother (my Dad's mom) but, it's also what they call my mom now that i have kids...but, the tone of her voice told me otherwise... I thought, is my Grandmother here!!  Sure enough...She was! I jumped up & down & got all excited!!! My mom said my brother was in the room sleep & told Nicky to go wake him up...After hugging my grandmother I turn around & Scottie was standing in the door way!  Hang tight & I'll drop Providence on you next!

1 comment: