Tuesday, February 24, 2009
Beauty is Pain
My body is sore no more and i'm fully rested from this hectic, fun-filled weekend. Thank God! I got many calls yesterday from family & friends who said they had a great time. But most importantly, Bennie said thanks for the good time. All the stress, time and obstacles to overcome were well worth it! YaaaaaaaY! Between Nicky & I, we took 444 pics! Outrageous! Quite a few people didn't even go to work on Monday except, Ping! Filipino fact #14, they never call out from work. I, on the other hand, don't even need a reason to justify calling out from work! Well, that is when i had a real job! My job now only requires me to be work for an hour @ the most...So, how pathetic would i be if i don't go...EVERYDAY!! My daughter has a field trip today, so she says..U know that girl be speakin' tagalog and I don't be understandin' her but, i think that's what she said..Them fake eyelashes bothered me so bad Sunday that i just had to take them off! Y didn't anyone tell me that they use bonding glue! I knew it, shuda just used the strips-Needless to say, now i need a weave on my eyes! I was sooo unhappy about my bald-headed eyelids that i took immediate, drastic action. I know very well how Dr. Miracle products work so, I thought I'd put a li'l on to expedite the re-growth process. Now, most of you black women know about Dr. Miracles "Feel It Formula." I stroke the oil on both eyes in a conservative amount and surely, the "Feel It Formula" kicked in! I'm running around the room like an Indian @ a pow-wow.."HiYaYaYa...HiYaYaYa!" The burning sensation grew stronger. Hurry! Run to the sink! If u don't know by now, Dr. Miracles "Feel It Formula," is like Vicks Vapo-Rub! I began running water on my eyes blinking trying to get the water all over my eyeball. It seemed like forever and that's when my anxiety kicked in and I began to BELIEVE that I was going blind! Meanwhile, da filipino is calmly laying in the bed watching the Lakers game while his wife's livelihood is being compromised. Slowly but surely, the heat in my eyes has for the most part subsided and they are now merely red. The problem I'll have now is that my birthday is exactly 2 weeks after Bennie's birthday so, i just hope that I'll at least have enough eyelashes to apply mascara on....Uuuuuuugh.. Beauty truly is pain....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment